Follow our 90% Nutrition guide to burn fat fast and build muscle quickly
When it comes to whether or not you succeed in your ambition to build a bigger, stronger and leaner body, your results will ultimately be determined by the application of a single word – consistency.
That means being consistent in following the eight-week training plan and, as importantly, being consistent with eating the right foods at the right time to fuel your workouts and give your body all the essential nutrients it needs to burn fat, build muscle and make you look and feel great. To help you make that happen we’ve created the 90% Nutrition guide to make eating for a better body easier than ever.
Consistency is king
In both scientific research and real life, consistency is what ultimately helps people control their calorie intake and manage hunger comfortably. By “comfortably” we mean causing the least amount of tension or frustration between your body composition goals (reducing your body-fat levels while increasing your lean muscle mass) and living the positive, balanced and happy life you want.
Our 90% Nutrition guide means you don’t need to eat “perfectly” 100% of the time for the next eight weeks to transform your physique. And our smart eating approach means that you don’t have to give up all your favourite foods, count calories, or drive yourself mad or miserable with cravings for a little bit of what you fancy.
In fact, most people do best when chasing a short-term body transformation goal by eating well 90% of the time – which means choosing nutrient-dense whole foods that will help them burn fat and build muscle – and eating for pleasure the other 10% of the time. This means you can still enjoy treats and snacks but in moderation.
Of course, if you are fully committed to achieving the very best body composition transformation possible, you will get superior results by eating for that goal 100% of the time over the next eight weeks. But if trying to maintain that 100% approach means that after a week or two you have a major blow-out and binge on foods you’ve been denying yourself, it’s better to be consistent at 90% and allow for the odd indulgence when you fancy it.
Remember, the “all or nothing” approach rarely gets you all – it usually gets you nothing!
The 90% Nutrition guide removes all the pressure of you trying to be “perfect” with your diet all day, every day and, crucially, it allows you to eat for pure pleasure 10% of the time, to keep any cravings well and truly in check.
Rethinking your food
Allowing yourself to eat for pleasure means foods are no longer categorised as either “good” or “bad”. Such a black-and-white approach “moralises” foods and makes you think about certain foods in terms of guilt and regret instead of contentment and joy. That’s no way to live your life if you’re seeking greater health and happiness. Instead of “good” or “bad” foods, think instead of foods falling on a spectrum of “eat more often” and “eat less often”. Minimally processed foods such as lean protein, vegetables, fruits, wholegrains and healthy fats are foods to eat more often. However, as we mentioned, this doesn’t mean “eat always”.
Highly processed foods and drinks such as chips, crisps, biscuits, cakes, pizza, bacon, ice cream, chocolate, fizzy drinks and alcohol should be consumed less often. But, again, this doesn’t mean “never”. Thinking about food in these terms, and then using our Perfect Portion meal-building approach, makes it incredibly easy to choose “eat more often” foods, while also making those “eat less often” foods a more enjoyable and guilt-free experience when you do consume them. And who doesn’t want that?
Keeping food flexible
One big advantage of 90% Nutrition is that if you’re going to a wedding, party, work conference or other event where the food is likely to be in the “eat less often” category, it’s not a problem! Use it as an opportunity to enjoy, in reasonable amounts, some of those foods that are good for the soul. You’ll enjoy these foods guilt-free, have a fun and relaxing social experience – and still be moving towards your better body goal.
Of course, if you don’t follow the 90% Nutrition approach with purpose and awareness, then it can become very easy to find yourself on a slippery slope where it’s tempting to justify and rationalise consuming a higher proportion of “eat less often” foods at the expense of “eat more often” foods. To prevent this happening you need to be honest with yourself, and recognise that consistency is what really matters. If you get this right, you can follow this approach and get great results both over the next eight weeks, and then maintain your better body easily – and indefinitely.
To find your perfect transformation plan, click the link! Take the New Body quiz!